If you experience a dental emergency, Dr. Alejandro and our team will do our best to see you immediately. In cases when an after-hour emergency occurs, our on-call phone number is available on our answering machine. A team member will be more than happy to assist you. Getting you out of pain and back to your life is our first priority.
Your emergency is unique to you, and will have a customized treatment plan created to remedy the situation. Most commonly, emergency dental care at our Burke, VA dental office involves:
- Pain relief
- Repair of broken teeth
- Infection management
Treating Dental Emergencies
- Bitten lip or tongue: If the laceration is small, it will heal on its own. For deep bites, Dr. Alejandro may recommend sutures and antibiotics.
- Object caught in teeth: In severe cases, Dr. Alejandro will anesthetize the area and remove the object.
- Broken, chipped, or fractured tooth: Dr. Alejandro will repair the damage with a filling, bonding, onlay, or crown depending on the severity of the chip/fracture.
- Knocked-out tooth: Dr. Alejandro will attempt to re-position the tooth back into the socket. If this is not successful, he may recommend a flipper (for the loss of a primary tooth) or a bridge or implant (for an adult tooth).
- Toothache: If the toothache is caused by infection, a root canal may be necessary.
- Broken jaw: Referral to an oral surgeon is necessary for broken or fractured jaws.