May 1, 2020
Important Update: Office Opening May 4th!
The Governor of Virginia has formally ended the mandate to close for non-emergencies, in order to preserve PPE (personal protective equipment), effective May 1st.
We are excited and prepared to open our office and safely see our patients starting Monday, May 4th!
Safety of patients and our team is on everyone’s mind, including ours.
Please feel assured that we have always been leaders in infection control to safeguard against all pathogens, COVID-19 included. Our protocols meet or exceed CDC, ADA and VDA guidelines and include:
- Sterilization in autoclaves of all dental equipment after each patient
- Routine spore testing of all sterilizers
- Single-use paper “chain” to hold your single-use bib in place, not re-usable metal clips
- Single-use plastic barrier strips on all high-touch areas which are stripped off after each patient
- Single-use plastic suction tips which are disposed after each patient
- Disinfection of all exposed surfaces like dental chairs and counters after each patient
- For their protection, clinic staff all wear enhanced protective suiting (single-use masks, gloves and eyewear)
Starting May 4th, you will notice additional safety enhancements when you come for your appointment. Please be advised that we will:
- Take each patient’s temperature via touchless thermometer
- Screen each patient for COVID risk factors
- Reserve the right to reschedule patients who may present with symptoms
- Limit entry to the office and/or operatories to patients only
- Severely limit waiting room capacity to near zero
- Ask companions to wait in their cars (unless accommodations are needed)
- Ask patients to sanitize hands upon entry
- Ask patients to swish with a hydrogen peroxide solution prior to treatment
We look forward to welcoming our patients back and thank you for being so supportive during these difficult times. Please do not hesitate to ask for any assistance!